Brief Curriculum Vitae
Name: Peter Dimitrov Georgiev
Address: Sofia, 43 Sredna Gora Str.
Date/Place of Birth: June 18, 1981 in Sofia, Bulgaria
Graduated Technical School (1999, Technical School
of Chemical Industry and Biotechnology “Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov”).
Laboratory Assistant – Technologist; Diploma work: “Microbiology Synthesis
of Vitamins and Pigments”.
Undergraduate student in Faculty of Chemistry, University of
Sofia (Chemistry and Physics 1999-2003).
From 2000 to 2003 work at the Laboratory of Nanoparticle
Science and Technology, Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry,
University of Sofia.
Bachalor Thesis: Form and Energy of carbon structures: fullerenes
nanotubes”, advisor: Prof. A. Proykova, Faculty of Physics.
At present a master student in the program Nuclear and Particle Physics (2003), Faculty of Physics, University of Sofia.
Photocatalytic purification from different pollutions in slurry, Ministry of Science and Education;
Participation and performance of porous Electro- and Photo- catalytic coatings, funded by NATO Science for Peace SfP977986 Grant
Synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles for photocatalytic applications by sol-gel method. Doping with rare earths.
- P. Georgiev, M. Kostadinov, A. Bojinova, C. Papazova, C. Dushkin, I. Poulios S. Sotiropoulos, “Synthesis, Doping and Characterization of TiO2 for Photocatalysis” - In: Ann. De L’Univ. De Sofia, Fac. De Chimie, t. 96 (2003), (in press).
- M. Kostadinov, P. Georgiev, A. Bojinova,
Dushkin. “Preliminary Tests for the Photocatalytic Activity of TiO2 Nanoparticles in Slurry” – In: Proc. of 4rd National Workshop with International Participation “Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2003”, 4, Heron Press, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria, (in press).
Georgiev, I. Angelov, C. Papazova, A.
Bojinova, “Aggregation of Sol-Gel Obtained TiO2 Nanopowders” – In: Natural Sciences (2003), Bulgaria
- P. Georgiev, S. Pisov, E.
Slavcheva, I. Dragieva and A. Proykova, Modeling of coreTiO2/shell metal
cathalyst, 5 th Workshop on Nanoscience and Nanotehnology, Sofia 17-18.11.2003
- P. Georgiev, M. Kostadinov, A. Bojinova, C. Papazova, C. Dushkin, S. Sotiropoulos, “Synthesis, Doping and Characterization of TiO2 for Photocatalytic Applications” – In: 3rd Seminar of New Materials for the Industry (SNMI’2002), May 30, 2002, University of Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria, P-24, p. 26.
- A. Bojinova, P. Georgiev, I. Angelov, M. Uzunova, M. Kostadinov, C. Duskin, S. Sotiropoulos. “Synthesis, Doping and Characterization of TiO2 in High Iternal Phase Polymer Matrix” In: 7th Intern. Conference on TiO2 Photocatalysis: Fundamental and Applications, 17-21 November 2002, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, p. 117.
- M. Kostadinov, P. Georgiev, A. Bojinova, C. Dushkin. “Test for the Photocatalytic Activity of TiO2 Nanoparticles” – In: 4rd National Workshop with International Participation “Nanoscience and Nanotechnology” 17-19 October 2002, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria, P4.19.
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Chemistry Department, Physical Chemistry Laboratory, Greece, funded by NATO Science for Peace SfP977986 (2002)